The staff at Serafina have got together and put down ideas on how to look after your fashion jewellery. Here are our top tips:
1. Always store your jewellery in an organza bag to prevent tangles. Organza bags are free with your jewellery purchase at Serafina so just ask the staff for one when you buy.
2. Don’t let tarnish build up. We recommend cleaning your costume jewellery with a non-abrasive cleaning cloth on a regular basis. Jewellery cloths are available free with any purchase.
3. Avoid your jewellery coming in contact with hairsprays and alcohol from perfumes. Put your jewellery on after you have sprayed these products.
4. Avoid getting your costume jewellery wet at all costs! Water and jewellery do not mix well. Even when talking your jewellery off ensure that it is placed in a dry place and not near a bathroom sink. If it does get wet make sure it is dry before you put it away.
5. Costume jewellery does not mix well with soaps, face creams or moisturizers.
6. Some people have higher levels of acidity in their skin and this can lead to damage to your costume jewellery. Make sure you give your jewellery a good clean after wearing it to remove any oils that may have built up.
Got a question? Come in and ask our friendly staff and they will be happy to assist.